Monday, December 7, 2009

Field & Stream: The Double Issue

The holidays are just around the corner and I have exactly zero of my gift shopping finished. It has been a busy fall for me overall. Most of my weeks (and weekends) were spent working from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., but on all good stuff. I plan on writing a season recap soon after having a few artists and students inquire about juggling work, schedules, deadlines and what not. I think it would be a fun thing to share. More to come on that soon ...

Mean while check out the December-January Issue of Field & Stream on the racks right now. I had the pleasure of working on the cover story spread on hunting late season buck. I truly enjoy the challenge of illustrating these, and working with the talented F&S staff. They really keep the bar high.

My goal with these is to put the reader in his environment with a nice organic twist on vector illustrations. I'm also including a few of the rough sketches, since they are an import part of the puzzle. Enjoy:













No comments: