Thursday, December 2, 2010

Savour

When I have a bad period of fishing – such as a few select weeks this fall – I'll savour any decent fish I catch. It happened last weekend... the fish wasn't huge, wasn't a personal best or anything like that. Just a decent fish that had it's herring dinner interrupted by inhailing a Habs Jr. needlefish.


The catch? A few hours before I went out that night, I was so disgusted with my dry spell, I drew the cartoon above in my fishing log. That night, after I landed and released my quality fish, I added this one to my log, not even realizing what I already had on the page before, changing my mojo with the stroke of the pen = ironic. Maybe tonight I will draw a world record fish, a lifetime supply of free beer and a winning lotto ticket.

1 comment:

Coreopsis said...

Beautiful beautiful fish drawings...and now I'm thinking fish for dinner might be just the thing, though I don't fish....